Friday, January 17, 2020

IN MY FATHER'S HOUSE - Elvis Presley - The Blackwood Brothers - Aileen Hanks - In my father's house are many mansions If it were not true he would have told me so He has gone away to live in that bright city He's preparing me a mansion there I know Jesus died upon the cross to bear my sorrow Freely died that souls like you might have new life But I know that soon there'll come a bright tomorrow When the world will all be free from sin and strife (Do not shun the savior's love, from up in glory) (Or you won't be there to sing the gospel story) In my father's house are many mansions If you're true then to this land you'll surely go In my father's house are many mansions If it were not true he would have told me so He has gone away to live in that bright city He's preparing me a mansion there I know Jesus died upon the cross to bear my sorrow Freely died that souls like you might have new life But I know that soon there'll come a bright tomorrow When the world will all be free from sin and strife (Do not shun the savior's love, from up in glory) (Or you won't be there to sing the gospel story) In my father's house are many mansions If you're true then to this land you'll surely go

In My Father's House
..................................................................................................................................................................
Elvis Presley's Billboard Chart Records | BillboardIn My Father's House
“In My Father's House” by Elvis Presley


Elvis Presley
Album   :   His Hand In Mine
The Blackwood Brothers
Lyrics and music   :  Aileen Hanks a blind singer



https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l2KxOGQRDgwElvisPresleyLynHopkinsneverfailshispromise
lyrics
[Verse 1]
In my father's house are many mansions
If it were not true he would have told me so

He has gone away to live in that bright city
He's preparing me a mansion there I know


[Verse 2]
Jesus died upon the cross to bear my sorrow
Freely died that souls like you might have new life

But I know that soon there'll come a bright tomorrow
When the world will all be free from sin and strife


[Verse 3]
(Do not shun the Savior's love, from up in glory)
(Or you won't be there to sing the gospel story)

In my father's house are many mansions

If you're true then to this land you'll surely go
Elvis Presley's Daughter Lisa-Marie Remembers Last Time She Saw ...
"In My Father's House" is a gospel song by the Blackwood Brothers, originally recorded in 1954. It was one of only two songs, the other being "I Have But One Goal", which the group recorded between 1953 and 1956.
Elvis Presley recorded the song at RCA Studios on October 30, 1960 and it appears on the album His Hand in Mine. Jimmy Blackwood was lead singer of the Blackwoods, but it was Jake Hess, lead for the Statemen, who was a major influence on Elvis. The version recorded by Elvis is slow, in the key of B Major and progresses from B to E major, to C# 7 to F#7.
Biblical reference
The spiritual song makes reference to the King James Version of the Bible in John 14:2 which says "In my Father's house are many mansions: if [it were] not [so], I would have told you. I go to prepare a place for you." The song refers to how "In My Father's House are many mansions" and how God is preparing a mansion in heaven. It also refers to how Jesus died on the cross to "bear my sorrow" and "so souls like you may have new life".
Aileen Hanks, a blind singer, composed the lyrics and music of this gospel song introduced by the Blackwood Brothers Quartet and later rearranged and recorded by Elvis Presley.]
Elvis was said to be particularly fond of playing hymns on his gilded piano in Graceland's Music Room, "talking about home as heaven and the mansion as a mark of God's favor."
Elvis and Lisa Marie Presley Singing "Daddy Don't Cry" Will Give ...
Elvis Presley: In My Fathers House - Elvis Gospel Greats - Music ...Pin by Tina Robinson on Elvis | Elvis presley, His hands, My ...After All The Movies & Albums: How Much Is Elvis Presley Worth?
Lisa Marie Presley Keeps Her Father's Legacy Alive Through ...7 Fascinating Facts About Elvis Presley - HISTORYElvis Presley's Parents: Vernon and Gladys | OUPblog1 black label noir 45 denmark 1960 in my father's house /i believe ...The enduring mystery of Australia's unique Elvis Presley memorial ...Elvis Presley Popularized the Inspiring Gospel Song "In My ...
▷ Elvis Presley-In My Fathers House. - YouTube in 2020 | Elvis ...Elvis Presley - In My Fathers House MP3 Download and LyricsWhen Robert Mitchum considered Elvis Presley for 'Thunder Road'
75 things you may not know about Elvis Presley | Newsday

No comments:

Post a Comment