Sunday, May 31, 2020

STRENGTH FOR THE FEARFUL - Staying focused on the Lord can be hard - thankfully, we serve an almighty God who says, “Surely I will help you.” We can count on Him. Let’s decide to trust in the promises God has given us – He has filled His Word with scriptural anchors to keep His children steady in the faith - “ you whom I took from the ends of the earth, and called from its farthest corners, saying to you, ‘You are my servant, I have chosen you and not cast you off’; fear not, for I am with you; be not dismayed, for I am your God; I will strengthen you, I will help you, I will uphold you with my righteous right hand. Behold, all who are incensed against you shall be put to shame and confounded; those who strive against you shall be as nothing and shall perish. You shall seek those who contend with you, but you shall not find them; those who war against you shall be as nothing at all. For I, the LORD your God, hold your right hand; it is I who say to you, Fear not, I am the one who helps you.” Underline Isaiah 41 in your Bible and meditate on it frequently. When one of God’s people is seeking an anchor in turbulent times, this is the right passage for the job. Here, Isaiah writes about the source of Christians’ strength. In Isaiah 41:10 alone, the Lord promises strength, help, and protection. Moreover, He gives two commands: “Do not fear” and “Do not anxiously look about you.” We serve an almighty God who says, “Surely I will help you.” We can count on Him. Let us trust in the promises God has given us.

25 Bible Verses About Courage Help You Overcome Fear
...............................................................................................................................................

Be not afraidStrength for the Fearful

.
Be Strong and Courageous: How to Rest in God When Fear Overwhelms YouStaying focused on the Lord can be hard - thankfully, we serve an almighty God who says, “Surely I will help you.” We can count on Him. Let’s decide to trust in the promises God has given us – He has filled His Word with scriptural anchors to keep His children steady in the faith
Charles Stanley


9 you whom I took from the ends of the earth,
    and called from its farthest corners,
saying to you, ‘You are my servant,
    I have chosen you and not cast you off’;
10 fear not, for I am with you;
    be not dismayed, for I am your God;
I will strengthen you, I will help you,
    I will uphold you with my righteous right hand.
11 Behold, all who are incensed against you
    shall be put to shame and confounded;
those who strive against you
    shall be as nothing and shall perish.
12 You shall seek those who contend with you,
    but you shall not find them;
those who war against you
    shall be as nothing at all.
13 For I, the Lord your God,
    hold your right hand;
it is I who say to you, ‘Fear not,
    I am the one who helps you.’”
- Isaiah 41:9-13 English Standard Version

I recommend that believers underline Isaiah 41 in their Bible and meditate on it frequently.
Outsmarting Our Primitive Responses to Fear - The New York TimesWhen one of God’s people is seeking an anchor in turbulent times, this is the right passage for the job.
Here, Isaiah writes about the source of Christians’ strength.
In Isaiah 41:10 alone, the Lord promises strength, help, and protection.
Moreover, He gives two commands: “Do not fear” and “Do not anxiously look about you.”
Among Satan’s subtle and successful traps is the art of distraction.
The evil one knows that fear can choke faith.
He works hard to make unsettling circumstances a person’s sole focus.
Once a believer’s attention is diverted from God, natural human tendencies take over.
In the absence of prayer and worship, anxiety and doubt grow unobstructed.
How to overcome your fears | TED TalksStaying focused on the Lord can be hard. The flesh prefers to seek security by thinking through all possible angles.
Our tendency is to weigh what we think could happen against what “experts” say will happen, and then to evaluate possible ways of preventing our worst fears from coming true.
Instead of becoming more confident, we begin to realize how powerless we are.
Thankfully, we serve an almighty God who says, “Surely I will help you” (Isaiah 41:10).
We can count on Him.
By focusing on our circumstances, we’re actually choosing to feel anxiety and doubt. But these emotions don’t belong in a believer’s daily life.
Instead, let’s decide to trust in the promises God has given us.
He’s filled His Word with scriptural anchors to keep His children steady in the faith.

Charles F. Stanley is the founder of In Touch Ministries and a New York Times  best-selling author. While his teaching is transmitted throughout the world to millions of people, Dr. Stanley has been said to demonstrate a practical, keen awareness of people's needs and provide Christ-centered, biblically-based principles for everyday life.
Dr. Stanley’s motivation is best represented by the truth found in Acts 20:24, “Life is worth nothing unless I use it for doing the work assigned me by the Lord Jesus—the work of telling others the Good News about God's mighty kindness and love.” This is because, as he says, “It is the Word of God and the work of God that changes people’s lives.”

No comments:

Post a Comment