Sunday, August 12, 2018

HERE I AM, LORD - Daniel L. Schutte - I, the Lord of sea and sky, I have heard My people cry. All who dwell in dark and sin, My hand will save. I who made the stars of night, I will make their darkness bright. Who will bear My light to them? Whom shall I send? Here I am Lord, Is it I Lord? I have heard You calling in the night. I will go Lord, if You lead me. I will hold Your people in my heart. I, the Lord of snow and rain, I have born my peoples pain. I have wept for love of them, They turn away. I will break their hearts of stone, Give them hearts for love alone. I will speak My word to them, Whom shall I send? Here I am Lord, Is it I Lord? I have heard You calling in the night. I will go Lord, if You lead me. I will hold Your people in my heart. I, the Lord of wind and flame, I will tend the poor and lame. I will set a feast for them, My hand will save. Finest bread I will provide, Till their hearts be satisfied. I will give My life to them, Whom shall I send? Here I am Lord, Is it I Lord? I have heard You calling in the night. I will go Lord, if You lead me. I will hold Your people in my heart. I, the Lord of wind and flame, I will tend the poor and lame. I will set a feast for them, My hand will save. Finest bread I will provide, Till their hearts be satisfied. I will give My life to them, Whom shall I send? Here I am Lord, Is it I Lord? I have heard You calling in the night. I will go Lord, if You lead me. I will hold Your people in my heart.

Image result for Here I Am, Lord Fr. Daniel L. Schutte
.
Image result for Here I Am, Lord Fr. Daniel L. Schutte
Here I Am, Lord
Words & Music by: Fr. Daniel L. Schutte, S.J.
(Composer-in-Residence: University of San Francisco)
Singers: Andrew Parnell, Barry Rose & The Boys & Men of the Choir of the Cathedral & Abbey Church of St Alban


https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_UkTlj2uPl4White'sChapelUMCDavidMueller
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yPNn-l9VFPMMadrigalDeBrasíliaSamaroneOliveira
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9xYRDAUMU68BetaniaVenezuelaBetania Choir
 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AoXYjKFrQu0LutherNordicChoirmaestroz25

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YM8dDSa31gIOlympiahalleMünchenPianomanMuc

lyrics

I, the Lord of sea and sky,
Image result for Here I Am, Lord Fr. Daniel L. SchutteI have heard My people cry.
All who dwell in dark and sin,
My hand will save.

I who made the stars of night,
I will make their darkness bright.
Who will bear My light to them?
Whom shall I send?
.
Image result for Here I Am, Lord Fr. Daniel L. Schutte
Here I am Lord, Is it I Lord?
I have heard You calling in the night.
I will go Lord, if You lead me.
I will hold Your people in my heart.

I, the Lord of snow and rain,
I have born my peoples pain.
I have wept for love of them,
Image result for Here I Am, Lord Fr. Daniel L. SchutteThey turn away. 

I will break their hearts of stone,
Give them hearts for love alone.
I will speak My word to them,
Whom shall I send?

Here I am Lord, Is it I Lord?
I have heard You calling in the night.
I will go Lord, if You lead me.
I will hold Your people in my heart.

Image result for Here I Am, Lord Fr. Daniel L. SchutteI, the Lord of wind and flame,
I will tend the poor and lame.
I will set a feast for them,
My hand will save.

Finest bread I will provide,
Till their hearts be satisfied.
I will give My life to them,
Whom shall I send?

Here I am Lord, Is it I Lord?
I have heard You calling in the night.
I will go Lord, if You lead me.
I will hold Your people in my heart. 
About Dan
Image result for Here I Am, Lord Fr. Daniel L. SchutteThe seed of music was planted early in Dan’s life through the inspiration of his grandparents, both of whom were accomplished musicians. He loved to listen to them play the piano and he’d sit for hours at the keyboard making up melodies.
It was during his early college years in the Jesuit seminary that Dan began to experience the connection between music and communal worship. He learned firsthand how music can move a soul and bring one into the presence of God. Beauty can touch the human heart in a powerful way and open a person’s heart to experience the divine.
Along with a fellow seminarian, he began to write music for the worship of his Jesuit community. Historically it was a time when the liturgy of the Church was being renewed and adapted to the experience of people today as they seek for God. Many were asking for more contemporary musical expressions of their faith.
In 1970 Dan began attending St. Louis University in the next stage of his Jesuit training. It was there that he first met and worked with John Foley, Bob Dufford, Roc O’Connor and Tim Manion. They played and sang for university liturgies and were drawn to write music that connected with people’s lives of faith. They turned to the Scripture for much of the inspiration. It was here that they came to know and treasure the images of God’s relationship with human beings.
Before they left St. Louis in 1973, Dan and his Jesuit companions talked about compiling a book of the songs they had written. Word had spread that these young seminarians were writing music that was having a significant impact on people’s prayer. Dan worked for over a year hand scribing the large collection of fifty-seven songs. It was nearly a year later that their music was noticed by a publisher in Cincinnati and their book of songs distributed now as Neither Silver Nor Gold. The music of these men spread quickly and was enthusiastically welcomed by many who longed for scripturally based music for communal worship written in a more contemporary, yet sacred, style. The music came to be identified with their origin in St. Louis and their companionship as the St. Louis Jesuits.
http://www.danschutte.com/WordPressSite/about-2/aboutdan/

You might also like:

Happy On Your Road To Becoming What God Wants You To Be
CLICK HERE . . .
Image result for Here I Am, Lord Fr. Daniel L. Schutte
Image result for Here I Am, Lord Fr. Daniel L. SchutteImage result for Here I Am, Lord Fr. Daniel L. SchutteImage result for Here I Am, Lord Fr. Daniel L. Schutte
Image result for Here I Am, Lord Fr. Daniel L. SchutteImage result for Here I Am, Lord Fr. Daniel L. SchutteImage result for Here I Am, Lord Fr. Daniel L. Schutte
Image result for Here I Am, Lord Fr. Daniel L. SchutteImage result for Here I Am, Lord Fr. Daniel L. Schutte

No comments:

Post a Comment