Monday, August 27, 2018

WATER AS A SYMBOL FOR THE HOLY SPIRIT - Jesus uses water in a symbolic sense. This is some kind of special water. This water gives one eternal life! Jesus used “water” as a symbol for the Holy Spirit! Jesus gives us the Holy Spirit to dwell in us, seal us and fill us. Jesus’ living water is the Holy Spirit. He leads us to Jesus, places us in Jesus, matures us in Jesus. He lives in us and empowers us to live the Christian life. He transforms our lives from what we used to be . . .

Image result for images fountains of living water
.
Water As A Symbol For The Holy Spirit
Image result for imagesWater As A Symbol For The Holy Spirit
What is the meaning of water in John 4:14?
Jesus uses water in a symbolic sense in John 4:14.
Jesus answered and said to her, “Everyone who drinks of this water shall thirst again; but whoever drinks of the water that I shall give him shall never thirst; but the water that I shall give him shall become in him a well of water springing up to eternal life.” John 4:13-14 (NASB)
Jesus has just offered a woman at a well some water – living water (John 4:10).
She seems to doubt Him (verses 11-12).
But Jesus responds again and promises that she will never thirst again.
This is some kind of special water. This water gives one eternal life!
So what kind of water is Jesus talking about? He gives us the answer later in John 7:38-39.
“He who believes in Me, as the Scripture said, ‘From his innermost being shall flow rivers of living water.' But this He spoke of the Spirit, whom those who believed in Him were to receive; for the Spirit was not yet given, because Jesus was not yet glorified.” John 7:38-39 (NASB)
Jesus used “water” as a symbol for the Holy Spirit!
Jesus gives us the Holy Spirit to dwell in us, seal us and fill us.
Notice that Jesus is talking about “rivers of living water.” Rivers of living water that are flowing out of believers.
We need to ask ourselves, “What kind of living waters are flowing through me? Is my spiritual faucet dripping? Can I see a steady stream? Am I experiencing a flood of living water gushing out from the inside?”
The Holy Spirit should make a difference in one’s life. Jesus did not talk about drips of living water!

Conclusion:

Jesus’ living water is the Holy Spirit.
The Holy Spirit helps us understand God by giving us spiritual understanding (1 Corinthians 2:11-16).
He leads us to Jesus, places us in Jesus, matures us in Jesus.
He lives in us (Galatians 5:25).
And empowers us to live the Christian life (Ephesians 5:18-21).
He transforms our lives from what we used to be . . .
Praise the Lord!
Would you want God to change your life? Would you want to be empowered by the Holy Spirit?
God has made it possible for you to know Him and experience an amazing change in your own life through a relationship with His Son, Jesus Christ, and have eternal life.
Say the following prayer:
“Heavenly Father,
I admit that I am a sinner and my sins have separated me from You. I now want to turn away from my past sinful life and begin a new life with You. I receive Your free gift of salvation.
Please forgive me. I now receive your Son, Jesus Christ as my Savior, my Master and my Lord. I believe and confess that Jesus Christ died for my sins, was buried, and rose from the dead.
I want to receive all that Jesus Christ has provided for me as my Savior. Your Word says, ‘Whosoever shall call on the name of the Lord shall be saved’ (Romans 10:13).
I believe and confess that Jesus Christ is the Way, the Truth, and the Life, and no man comes unto the Father, but by Him.
Lord Jesus, I pray and ask You, to come into my heart and be Lord of my life. I thank You that you have given me eternal life, and according to Your Word, I am born again and I am now a child of God.
Heavenly Father, thank You for the gift of the Holy Spirit Who is in me now to help me do Your will for the rest of my life. I surrender my life to You. I promise to study Your Word – the Bible.
Use me for Your glory.
In Jesus’ Name. Amen.”
If you have just put your trust in Jesus Christ, you have been born into God’s family.
As a spiritual baby, you need to grow by feeding on God’s Word – the Bible (1 Peter 2:2).
You must have a good modern translation Bible and begin prayerfully reading it. Start in the New Testament, such as the Gospel of John or Paul’s letters to the Ephesians.
As you read, ask two questions: “What are You, Lord?” “What do You want me to do?”
Also, you need to join a Christian fellowship where the Bible is taught and where God is truly worshiped.
God bless you as you begin your new life with Him!


 Image result for images fountains of living water

Image result for images fountains of living waterImage result for images fountains of living waterImage result for images fountains of living water


Image result for images fountains of living waterImage result for images fountains of living waterImage result for images fountains of living water

Image result for images fountains of living waterImage result for imagesWater As A Symbol For The Holy Spirit

Image result for imagesWater As A Symbol For The Holy SpiritImage result for imagesWater As A Symbol For The Holy SpiritImage result for imagesWater As A Symbol For The Holy Spirit

Image result for imagesWater As A Symbol For The Holy SpiritImage result for imagesWater As A Symbol For The Holy SpiritImage result for imagesWater As A Symbol For The Holy Spirit
Image result for imagesWater As A Symbol For The Holy SpiritImage result for imagesWater As A Symbol For The Holy SpiritImage result for imagesWater As A Symbol For The Holy Spirit

Image result for imagesWater As A Symbol For The Holy SpiritImage result for imagesWater As A Symbol For The Holy SpiritImage result for imagesWater As A Symbol For The Holy Spirit

Image result for imagesWater As A Symbol For The Holy SpiritImage result for imagesWater As A Symbol For The Holy SpiritImage result for images fountains of living water

No comments:

Post a Comment