Wednesday, August 1, 2018

EL CONDOR PASA (IF I COULD) - Simon & Garfunkel - I'd rather be a sparrow than a snail Yes, I would If I could I surely would I'd rather be a hammer than a nail Yes, I would If I only could I surely would Away, I'd rather sail away Like a swan that's here and gone A man gets tied up to the ground He gives the world its saddest sound Its saddest sound I'd rather be a forest than a street Yes, I would If I could I surely would

Image result for el condor pasa lyrics
...................................
Image result for el condor pasa lyricsEl Condor Pasa 
(If I Could)
Simon & Garfunkel
Songwriters  :   PAUL SIMON, JORGE MILCHBERG, DANIEL ALOMIA ROBLES
Album          :   Bridge Over Troubled Water

 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CDBmRbBfRnsSimon&GarfunkelX05Radar

 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mcPaaB9rks4Simon&GarfunkelMartinOrtizAndia

 
 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z1oAJobeMYALiveVersionbyAlexandroQuerevalú

 
 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ruBY4_N-upYSimon&Garfunkelsunryse111

  

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T_k6SCfzyL0Simon&GarfunkelAwesomeBearAudiobooks

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QvFXXlRQRlUSimon&Garfunkellolalexcool

 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pey29CLID3ISimon&GarfunkelMusicTube67

 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iHn2WnNLQqkSimon&GarfunkelGoodMusic


lyrics
I'd rather be a sparrow than a snail
Yes, I would
If I could
I surely would
I'd rather be a hammer than a nail
Yes, I would
If I only could
I surely would
Away, I'd rather sail away
Like a swan that's here and gone
A man gets tied up to the ground
He gives the world its saddest sound
Its saddest sound
I'd rather be a forest than a street
Yes, I would
If I could
I surely would
I'd rather feel the earth beneath my feet
Yes, I would
If I only could
I surely would
Image result for el condor pasa lyrics
El Cóndor Pasa(pronounced [el ˈkondoɾ pasa]Spanish for "The Condor Passes") is an orchestralmusical piece from the zarzuela El Cóndor Pasa by the Peruvian composer Daniel Alomía Robles, written in 1913 and based on traditional Andean music, specifically folk music from Peru.
Since then, it has been estimated that around the world, more than 4000 versions of the melody have been produced, along with 300 sets of lyrics. In 2004, Peru declared this song as part of the national cultural heritage. This song is now considered the second national anthem of Peru.
It is the best-known Peruvian song in the English-speaking world due to a 1970 cover by Simon & Garfunkel on their Bridge over Troubled Water album. Their version is called "El Cóndor Pasa (If I Could)".
Paul Simon first heard this tune in 1965 performed by South American band, Los Incas. He asked for permission to use the tune and he added his own lyrics for the 1970 Simon & Garfunkel album, "Bridge Over Troubled Water" The result is a track with Paul Simon and Art Garfunkel singing above the backing provided by Los Incas. It also resulted in a complicated (but actually very friendly) lawsuit brought by the son of the original composer.

"Simon & Garfunkel" was an American folk rock duo consisting of singer-songwriter Paul Simon and singer Art Garfunkel. They were one of the most popular recording artists of the 1960s and became counterculture icons of the decade's social revolution, alongside artists such as the Beatles, the Beach Boys, and Bob Dylan.

Simon & Garfunkel were an American music duo consisting of singer-songwriters Paul Simon and Art Garfunkel. They formed the group Tom & Jerry in 1957 and had their first success with the minor hit "Hey, Schoolgirl". As Simon & Garfunkel, the duo rose to fame in 1965, largely on the strength of the hit single "The Sound of Silence". Their music was featured in the landmark film The Graduate (1967), propelling them further into the public consciousness.
Image result for el condor pasa lyrics
Image result for el condor pasa lyricsImage result for el condor pasa lyricsImage result for el condor pasa lyrics
Image result for el condor pasa lyricsImage result for el condor pasa lyricsImage result for el condor pasa lyrics
Image result for el condor pasa lyricsImage result for el condor pasa lyricsImage result for el condor pasa lyrics

Image result for el condor pasa lyricsImage result for el condor pasa lyricsImage result for el condor pasa lyrics
Image result for el condor pasa lyricsImage result for el condor pasa lyricsImage result for el condor pasa lyrics
Image result for el condor pasa lyricsImage result for el condor pasa lyrics

No comments:

Post a Comment