Sunday, December 8, 2019

FIRST LOVE NEVER DIES - Jerry Fuller - All at once I miss you So long since I've kissed you How I love to look into your eyes Yes I still dream about you My world is lost without you For you are my first love, and First love never ever dies Whenever I feel lonely I'm thinking of you only One last kiss and then we said goodbye The love I left behind me Comes back to remind me That you were my first love, and First love never ever dies The love I left behind me Comes back to remind me That you were my first love, and First love never ever dies And if you're thinking of me And you find that you still love me There's no use to go on living lies Let's hurry to each other For there could be no other Yes, you were my first love, and First love never ever dies First love never ever dies And if you're thinking of me And you find that you still love me There's no use to go on living lies Let's hurry to each other For there could be no other Yes, you were my first love, and First love never ever dies First love never ever dies

Image result for FIRST LOVE NEVER DIES
...............................................................................................................................................................
Image result for FIRST LOVE NEVER DIES
First Love Never Dies
Image result for JERRY FULLER - FIRST LOVE NEVER DIES


Jerry Fuller





 
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8Q6wdwnenY4JerryFullerNANCYFLORESSANTOS



lyrics

All at once I miss you
So long since I've kissed you
How I love to look into your eyes

Image result for FIRST LOVE NEVER DIESYes I still dream about you
My world is lost without you
For you are my first love, and
First love never ever dies

Whenever I feel lonely
I'm thinking of you only
One last kiss and then we said goodbye

The love I left behind me
Comes back to remind me
That you were my first love, and
First love never ever dies

The love I left behind me
Comes back to remind me
That you were my first love, and
First love never ever dies

And if you're thinking of me
And you find that you still love me
There's no use to go on living lies

Let's hurry to each other
For there could be no other
Yes, you were my first love, and
First love never ever dies

First love never ever dies
Image result for FIRST LOVE NEVER DIES
In 1938 Jerry Fuller was born in Fort Worth, Texas. His father was a carpenter who had a voice like Bing Crosby, while his mom sang like Patti Page. As a musical family, at the age of eleven, Jerry and his brother Bill became were billed as The Fuller Brothers. His mother arranged for them to appear at school, churches, talent contests, minstrel shows and jamborees. Out of high school, Fuller wrote a rockabilly tune called “I Found A New Love” and got it recorded Lin records in 1958.
Jerry Fuller moved to Los Angeles in 1959 getting work as a demo singer. With this exposure he got signed with Four Star Music and Challenge Records to write and record songs. His first recording with Challenge in 1959 was a doo-wop tune called “Betty My Angel”, which became a Top 20 hit in San Bernardino, California. That same year he recorded an uptempo cover of the Patti Page pop classic, “Tennessee Waltz.” It went Top 20 in Toronto, Hartford, Connecticut, and Jacksonville, Florida. It became Fuller’s biggest hit on the Billboard Hot 100, peaking at #63.
In 1960 Jerry Fuller wrote “A Wonder Like You” which peaked at #11 on the Billboard Hot 100 for Ricky Nelson. Also in 1960, Jerry Fuller was on tour with the Champs of “Tequila” fame. While in New Mexico, Fuller discovered Glen Campbell on stage at an Albuquerque nightclub. Fuller was amazed with Campbell’s vocal and guitar talent. He persuaded Campbell to relocate to Los Angeles. Campbell’s skills quickly led him to become part of LA’s legendary Wrecking Crew. Campbell assisted Fuller with a demo of a song Jerry wrote called “Travelin’ Man”, written for Sam Cooke. But the demo found its way to Ricky Nelson who made it a #1 hit record in the spring of 1961. Nelson would record 19 of Fuller’s songs, including two Top Ten hits in 1962, “Young World” (#5) and “It’s Up To You” (#4). Fuller, Campbell, and Dave Burgess of the Champs sang back-up on these recordings.
While Fuller was at Four Star Music as a writer from 1959 to 1967, he wrote over 400 songs that were recorded by many recording acts of the era. Fuller has recorded a couple of songs in late 1960 into 1961 that got little attention. But in the summer of 1961 he recorded “Guilty of Loving You/First Love Never Dies”. “Guilty Of Lovin’ You” peaked at #94 on the Billboard Hot 100, making #5 in Billings, Montana, and Top 20 in Dallas. But it was the flip side, “First Love Never Dies” that got on the charts in San Francisco, Los Angeles, Seattle and Vancouver. And here on CKWX the tune had its best chart performance in North America, peaking at #13. The song did not chart on the Billboard Hot 100.
Image result for FIRST LOVE NEVER DIES
Image result for FIRST LOVE NEVER DIESImage result for JERRY FULLER - FIRST LOVE NEVER DIES


Image result for FIRST LOVE NEVER DIES

Image result for FIRST LOVE NEVER DIESImage result for FIRST LOVE NEVER DIES



Image result for JERRY FULLER - FIRST LOVE NEVER DIESImage result for FIRST LOVE NEVER DIES







Image result for FIRST LOVE NEVER DIES

Image result for JERRY FULLER - FIRST LOVE NEVER DIESImage result for JERRY FULLER - FIRST LOVE NEVER DIESImage result for FIRST LOVE NEVER DIESImage result for FIRST LOVE NEVER DIES

Image result for FIRST LOVE NEVER DIESImage result for FIRST LOVE NEVER DIESImage result for FIRST LOVE NEVER DIES






No comments:

Post a Comment