Sunday, October 13, 2019

“COME LET US REASON TOGETHER” - What is our life here on earth compared to eternity? It is a vapor in the wind, a tear in the midst of the ocean, a flower that is here today and gone tomorrow. What we have done in the past is history. Yesterday is gone, and there is no way to revive it. It is dead. Tomorrow doesn’t belong to us, and will always lie in front of us. This moment is all we have, and we should take this time to consider our eternal destiny. “Being good” will not get you into heaven. We are not capable of meeting God’s standard of “good.” The Bible says, “All have sinned and fallen short of the glory of God.” But thanks be to the glory of God the only requirement to receive is to believe. He doesn’t ask us to do anything but to believe that Jesus Christ is His Son.


.................................................................................................................................................................
“Come 
Let Us Reason 
Together”
seniorsnchrist.com



We toil our entire lives. For what? Everything we work for either rusts or rots.
Solomon was the richest, wisest man to ever live, but in describing life he said, “All is lies and troubles.” 
The same can go for ours. We constantly speak of “tomorrow,” but tomorrow is the morgue of hell.  
“Do not boast about tomorrow, for you do not know what a day may bring.” Proverbs 27:1 NIV 
What is our life here on earth compared to eternity? It is a vapor in the wind, a tear in the midst of the ocean, a flower that is here today and gone tomorrow.
What we have done in the past is history. 
Yesterday is gone, and there is no way to revive it. It is dead.
Tomorrow doesn’t belong to us, and will always lie in front of us.  This moment is all we have, and we should take this time to consider our eternal destiny.
If we were required to meet certain standards before we can receive salvation, I am afraid many of us would not make it.
If salvation were for people with a certain color of skin, or with a prestigious family background, many of us would be left outside.
Many of us say we live a good life and try to obey the laws. Our way appears to be right, but in the end it leads to death.
“Being good” will not get you into heaven. We are not capable of meeting God’s standard of “good.”
The Bible says, “All have sinned and fallen short of the glory of God.”
But thanks be to the glory of God the only requirement to receive is to believe.
He doesn’t ask us to do anything but to believe that Jesus Christ is His Son. “Sirs, what must I do to be saved?” So they said, “Believe on the Lord Jesus Christ, and you will be saved, you and your household.” Acts 16:30-31 NIV  
God deals only in the present.
All Satan asks for is one day at a time. If he can get you to hold off on salvation today, he feels like he has the best chance in controlling your tomorrow. 
For him it is all about manipulation of time, your time.
Satan will never ask you not to go to church He just wants you to put off today what you can do another day because he knows there are a thousand ways for you to die before tomorrow. 
Each moment we procrastinate we are taking a chance on our own, and our family’s eternity. 
Now is the time for salvation, and until we make the decision to believe we are a ticking time bomb. 
Seek the Lord while He may be found, Call upon Him while He is near. Isaiah 55:6 NKJV
There is a calamity that we all must face. None, not one of us, will escape death. If you are born, you will die.
“Come now, and let us reason together,” Says the Lord, “Though your sins are like scarlet, They shall be as white as snow; Though they are red like crimson, They shall be as wool. If you are willing and obedient, You shall eat the good of the land; But if you refuse and rebel, You shall be devoured by the sword”; For the mouth of the Lord has spoken. Isaiah 1:18-20 NKJV 
You cannot win without God regardless of how many people stand with you because God is always a majority. 
He offers you the greatest gift mankind has ever received, His beloved Son Jesus Christ. If you refuse His gift of salvation and harden your heart, you will be cast into the lake of fire.
God’s loving plan of salvation is complete, and it is ours for the asking. There is not one thing you can add, because the crucifixion, death, and resurrection of Jesus Christ finished it once and for all.
Christ paid the price in full. “Therefore whoever confesses Me before men, him I will also confess before My Father who is in heaven. But whoever denies Me before men, him I will also deny before My Father who is in heaven.”  Matthew 10:32-33 NKJV 
All things have been prepared for you now. Today is your day. Tomorrow may be too late.  
Jesus said, “Here I am! I stand at the door and knock. If anyone hears my voice and opens the door, I will come in and eat with that person, and they with me.” Revelation 3:20 NIV
Please pray with me. Dear heavenly Father I admit that I am a sinner, and I have done many things that have separated me from You. I have lived my life for myself, and have caused many to fall away from grace. I believe that You died on the cross to save me from my sins. You accomplished what I could not do for myself. I come to You now and ask You to take control of my life. I place it in your hands, and from this day forward I ask You to help me live a victorious life so that others will see You in me. I love you, Lord. In Jesus Christ’s name I pray. Amen.
And for those of you who choose to hang onto their own selves I leave these parting words, “How long will you who are simple love your simple ways? How long will mockers delight in mockery and fools hate knowledge? Repent at my rebuke! Then I will pour out my thoughts to you, I will make known to you my teachings. But since you refuse to listen when I call and no one pays attention when I stretch out my hand, since you disregard all my advice and do not accept my rebuke, I in turn will laugh when disaster strikes you; I will mock when calamity overtakes you – when calamity overtakes you like a storm, when disaster sweeps over you like a whirlwind, when distress and trouble overwhelm you. “Then they will call to me but I will not answer; they will look for me but will not find me, since they hated knowledge and did not choose to fear the Lord. Since they would not accept my advice and spurned my rebuke, they will eat the fruit of their ways and be filled with the fruit of their schemes. For the waywardness of the simple will kill them, and the complacency of fools will destroy them; but whoever listens to me will live in safety and be at ease, without fear of harm.” Proverbs 1:22-33 NIV

Published by kidsnChrist
Alan Griffin started the kidsnchrist ministries in November 1997. He has worked with inner city kids for 21 years. He found a need for specialized Biblical literature that would reach people of all ages and has been writing since 2005. The ministry has expanded their websites to reach around the world. Kidsnchrist.com, millennialchristian.com, teensnchrist.com, seniorsnchrist.com, picture-verse.com, and soulworks-smallgroups.com had an outreach of over 13,000,000 people last year with 36,000,000 impressions. If you have any questions for Alan you can reach him at alan@kidsnchrist.com
We are a family of websites seeking to share the gospel of Jesus Christ. The mysteries of the Bible can be difficult to comprehend so we bring to you, simple to understand, Biblical truths in articles that take less than 30 minutes to read. We are an all volunteer Bible study group who’s soul desire is to share the Word of God. Please feel free to comment or follow our page.
https://seniorsnchrist.wordpress.com/2018/07/08/come-let-us-reason-together/




You might also like:

Restored Gospel of Jesus Christ: Though your sins be as scarlet ...Though Your Sins Be As Scarlet
Fanny Jane Crosby 
CLICK HERE . . . to view complete playlist . . . 


No comments:

Post a Comment