Thursday, October 31, 2019

MISTY - Johnny Mathis - Ella Fitzgerald - Erroll Garner - Johnny Burke - Look at me I'm as helpless as a kitten up a tree And I feel like I'm clinging to a cloud I can't understand I get misty just holding your hand Walk my way And a thousand violins begin to play Or it might be the sound of your hello That music I hear I get misty the moment you're near You can say that you're leading me on But it's just what I want you to do Don't you notice how hopelessly I'm lost? That's why I'm following you On my own Would I wander through this wonderland alone Never knowing my right foot from my left My hat from my glove I'm too misty and too much in love Look at me You can say that you're leading me on But it's just what I want you to do Don't you notice how hopelessly I'm lost? That's why I'm following you On my own Would I wander through this wonderland alone Never knowing my right foot from my left My hat from my glove I'm too misty and too much in love Look at me

Image result for images what do you expect From a girl Who loves you like I love you
..............................................................................................................................................................
Image result for images what do you expect From a girl Who loves you like I love youMisty
Image result for johnny mathis misty


Johnny Mathis
Album   :   Heavenly
Ella Fitzgerald
Album   :   Let No Man Write My Epitaph
Written by Erroll Garner
Lyrics by Johnny Burke

  




https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lJXLqAutql4   SARAHVAUGHANRoundMidnightTV

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ptdIiXjiqkw   SARAHVAUGHANTheKoolkanadian




Image result for images misty just holding your handImage result for images a kitten up a tree full moon[Verse 1]
Look at me
I'm as helpless as a kitten up a tree
And I feel like I'm clinging to a cloud
I can't understand

I get misty just holding your hand


[Verse 2]
Walk my way
And a thousand violins begin to play
Or it might be the sound of your hello
That music I hear
I get misty the moment you're near


[Verse 3]
You can say that you're leading me on
But it's just what I want you to do
Don't you notice how hopelessly I'm lost?
That's why I'm following you


[Verse 4]
On my own
Would I wander through this wonderland alone
Never knowing my right foot from my left
My hat from my glove
I'm too misty and too much in love

[2x]

[Outro]
Look at me
Image result for images what do you expect From a girl Who loves you like I love you
"Misty" is a jazz standard written in 1954 by pianist Erroll Garner. He composed it as an instrumental on the traditional 32-bar format and recorded it for the album Contrasts (1955). Lyrics were added later by Johnny Burke. It became the signature song of Johnny Mathis, appearing on his 1959 album Heavenly and reaching number 12 on the U.S. Pop Singles chart later that year. Country and pop singer Ray Stevens had a number 14 hit with his version of "Misty" in 1975 on the Billboard Hot 100. This version reached number two in the United Kingdom. The song has been recorded many times, including versions by Ella FitzgeraldAretha FranklinFrank SinatraSarah Vaughan, and, most recently, by Alternative Rock Band QUI.
Although there were already several released versions, the Mathis version recorded in April 1959 popularized this virtually unknown Garner song. It inspired Clint Eastwood to use the instrumental in his 1971 film Play Misty for Me, a low-budget film that proved to be a box-office success. Eastwood, a fan of Mathis, ended up paying a nominal fee for the Garner recording in his film.
Image result for images what do you expect From a girl Who loves you like I love you

Image result for images misty just holding your handImage result for images misty just holding your handImage result for images misty just holding your hand
Image result for images misty just holding your hand

No comments:

Post a Comment