Friday, July 10, 2020

ARE YOU SEEKING GOD OR POWER? - When we’re in roles with power, it’s important to discharge those roles without exerting power - the exertion of power ought to be God’s prerogative. There are times when we seek a demonstration of God’s power, but the exertion of power only serves to interrupt the dynamics of trust and respect - the exertion of power damages people and it dishonors God, but serving builds people up and it glorifies God - I have a sticky note plastered to a bookcase in full view as I type these words. It’s a prayer. It goes like this: Lord, make me aware of what I need to be aware of in THIS situation. Amen. A person like me, with my gifts and loves, needs to be reminded regularly of the seen and unseen contexts with which I’m required to operate. I’ve made too many errors by not having this prayer consciously before me. It’s a good weapon in my prayer arsenal. It was my wife who, over a year ago now, suggested I pray this prayer as often as I could. I mention this because only recently, during an ongoing conversation on our pastoral response to abuse generally, which is highly topical over the world presently, my wife shared with me another nugget of wisdom; another prayer. It goes like this: Lord, reveal my heart. Am I seeking to serve or to exert power? Amen. As we endeavor to minister in spaces where exertions of power are manifest all the time, we’re reminded not to respond like-for-like. Conflict never abates when retaliation occurs.

Maybe What's Needed Is A Leap Of Faith! | Word Of God With Wendy
.............................................................................................................................................
God or powerAre You Seeking God or Power?
.
5 Characteristics Of A Godly Woman | Watermark Community ChurchWhen we’re in roles with power, it’s important to discharge those roles without exerting power - the exertion of power ought to be God’s prerogative.
There are times when we seek a demonstration of God’s power, but the exertion of power only serves to interrupt the dynamics of trust and respect - the exertion of power damages people and it dishonors God, but serving builds people up and it glorifies God
By Steve Wickham



I have a sticky note plastered to a bookcase in full view as I type these words. It’s a prayer.
It goes like this:
A NEW YOU: God can change impossible situations - New Haven RegisterLord, make me aware of what I need to be aware of in THIS situation. Amen.
A person like me, with my gifts and loves, needs to be reminded regularly of the seen and unseen contexts with which I’m required to operate.
I’ve made too many errors by not having this prayer consciously before me. It’s a good weapon in my prayer arsenal.
Let me make a confession. It was my wife who, over a year ago now, suggested I pray this prayer as often as I could.
I mention this because only recently, during an ongoing conversation on our pastoral response to abuse generally, which is highly topical over the world presently, my wife shared with me another nugget of wisdom; another prayer.
It goes like this:
Lord, reveal my heart. Am I seeking to serve or to exert power? Amen.
Seeking God's Face, Not His Hands – Passion for GodEspecially as we endeavor to minister in spaces where exertions of power are manifest all the time, we’re reminded not to respond like-for-like. Conflict never abates when retaliation occurs.
It seemed to us, as we unpacked this revelation given to my wife, that, as a prayer, it’s a good test of our motives at any given time, for serving is the diminution to the denunciation of power.
And that is always a good thing.
Especially when we’re in roles with power, it’s important to discharge those roles without exerting power.
Psalm 63:1-5 Seek God Early — Tell the Lord Thank YouThe exertion of power ought to be God’s prerogative.
There are certainly times when we seek a demonstration of God’s power, but the exertion of power in relationships only serves to interrupt the dynamics of trust and respect.
Yet, we’re all tempted into acts of exerting power, and we’re all blindsided by others in their exertion of power against us.
Of course, abuse is the misuse of power. Always has been, always will be.
As I pray this prayer, I hear God reminding me of His power as I serve.
BOOK ONE: Seeking the Presence of God by Power of God is Found in ...And I’m able to hear Him gently reminding me of the inappropriateness of cavorting with power that isn’t mine to wield.
The exertion of power damages people and it dishonours God, but serving builds people up and it glorifies God.
Lord,
Am I seeking to serve or to exert power?
Am I genuinely trusting You for the next step along life’s path, or am I making my way in my own strength with whatever power I can exert?
Especially in those fractured relationships, Lord, help me to seek to serve, and to trust You for the reconciliation I seek.
Amen.

Steve Wickham holds Degrees in Science, Divinity, and Counselling. Steve writes at: http://epitemnein-epitomic.blogspot.com.au/ and http://tribework.blogspot.com.au/
https://www.mannaexpressonline.com/am-you-seeking-god-or-power/




You might also like:

Seek Ye First
Karen Lafferty  

     
CLICK HERE . . . to view complete playlist . . . 
The Importance of Seeking God | San Marcos Community Church
The Sorrowful Mysteries – Seeking God's face together
What Does Seeking God's Kingdom First Look Like In Real Life?10 Scripture Prayers for Safety and Protection | GuidepostsWhat is the Peace of God? Its Biblical Meaning and Practical Benefits
Seek Ye First the Kingdom of God - Life, Hope & TruthGod Help Me: Find help in every time of need | Bibleinfo.comSeeking After God In The Power Of 'Stillness And Quietness ...
The Reward In Seeking God — Steemit15 Verses About Fear, Anxiety and Trusting God Through Uncertainty ...Contemplating God in the Beauty of Nature - Soul Shepherding
9 Prayers of Hope for When You're Going Through the Storm ~ Debbie ...Seek First The Kingdom of God" - What Matthew 6:33 Really MeansA Prayer for God's Presence
Why People Say, “I Believe in God, But Not Religion” | Grotto NetworkWe Should Pray for Healing | Desiring God20 Amazing Bible Verses about God's Power
22 Bible Verses about Seeking - DailyVerses.net

No comments:

Post a Comment