Saturday, August 3, 2019

CRYING IN THE CHAPEL - Elvis Presley - You saw me crying in the chapel The tears I shed were tears of joy I know the meaning of contentment Now I am happy with the Lord Just a plain and simple chapel Where humble people go to pray I pray the Lord that I'll grow stronger As I live from day to day I've searched and I've searched But I couldn't find No way on earth To gain peace of mind Now I'm happy in the chapel Where people are of one accord We gather in the chapel Just to sing and praise the Lord

Image result for crying in the chapel lyrics
...........................................................................................................................................................
Image result for crying in the chapel lyricsCrying in the Chapel
Elvis Presley
Written By  :   Artie Glenn
Album    :       How Great Thou Art



lyrics
[Verse 1]
You saw me crying in the chapel
The tears I shed were tears of joy
I know the meaning of contentment
Now I am happy with the Lord


Just a plain and simple chapel
Where humble people go to pray
I pray the Lord that I'll grow stronger
As I live from day to day


[Chorus]
I've searched and I've searched
But I couldn't find
No way on earth
To gain peace of mind


[Verse 2]
Now I'm happy in the chapel
Where people are of one accord
We gather in the chapel
Just to sing and praise the Lord


You'll searched and you'll searched
But you couldn't find
No way on earth
To gain peace of mind


[Verse 3]
Take your troubles to the chapel
Get down on your knees and pray
Your burdens will be lighter
And you'll surely find the way
Image result for crying in the chapel lyrics
"Crying in the Chapel" is a song written by Artie Glenn for his son Darrell to sing. Darrell recorded it while still in high school in 1953, along with Artie's band the Rhythm Riders. The song was rejected by Hill and Range Songs and Acuff-Rose Music. The song was eventually published by Valley Publishers which also released the single featuring Darrell Glenn. It became a local hit and then it went nationwide. The original version of the song (Valley 105) was issued in May 1953. The song became one of the most covered of 1953. Darrell Glenn's original recording reached number one on the Cash Box charts (where all versions were amalgamated) and number six on Billboard. Darrell Glenn's original version also hit number six on the Billboard pop singles chart and number four on the Billboard country and western chart, Rex Allen's number eight, Ella Fitzgerald number 15, and Art Lund reached number 23.
June Valli recorded the song with an orchestra directed by Joe Reisman in New York City on June 11, 1953. RCA Victor Records released it as a single in the U.S. (catalog umber 20-5368). and elsewhere by EMI on the His Master's Voice label (catalog numbers HR 10007, N 14105 and CS 14). This was the most successful pop version on the Billboard charts, reaching number four after charting for 17 weeks beginning August 1, 1953.
On October 31, 1960, Elvis Presley recorded a version of the song with plans to put it on his RCA gospel album, His Hand in Mine. Three takes were recorded, but neither Elvis nor the Jordanaires, who provided background vocals, were satisfied. Eventually it was decided to shelve the recordings and move on.

Elvis Presley version
On April 6, 1965, "Crying In the Chapel" was issued on RCA's "Gold Standard Series." It became Elvis' first million seller since "Return to Sender" in 1962 and his greatest chart success over a six-year span. The single hit number three on the Billboard Hot 100 singles chart and topped the Easy Listening chart for seven weeks. It was later included as a bonus track on Presley's 1967 gospel album, How Great Thou Art.
Presley's version also was a hit in Great Britain, where it spent two non-consecutive weeks at number one.
 Image result for crying in the chapel lyrics
 Image result for crying in the chapel lyricsImage result for crying in the chapel lyricsImage result for crying in the chapel lyrics

Image result for crying in the chapel lyrics

No comments:

Post a Comment