Wednesday, July 10, 2019

DECLARING THE TRUTH OVER OURSELVES - There is something powerful that happens when we declare scripture over our lives. It helps us remember the truth about who God is. Declaring His love over us dispels the lie that God doesn’t care or isn’t interested in us. When we rest in the truth of what God says it helps us to not be concerned with other’s perception of us. As we see ourselves as God sees us, we also start to see others as God sees them. We define ourselves not by success or failure but by God’s word. One of the best ways to walk in holiness is to declare the truth of the power of the blood of Jesus to make us holy.

Image result for images I am a new creation, the old has gone the new has come
.............................................................................................................................................
Image result for images I am a new creation, the old has gone the new has comeDeclaring the Truth Over Ourselves
kairoscompany.co




“Therefore, if anyone is in Christ, he is a new creation. The old has passed away; behold, the new has come.” – 2 Corinthians 5:17


There are those memorable moments we have in our Christian walk, such as when we received salvation or had significant breakthrough.
For me one of those events was one session at a youth camp when the speaker was talking about who we were in Christ.
He had us declare the truth of who we are over ourselves. It went something like this:
“I am a new creation, the old has gone the new has come. I am born again by the spirit of Christ. There is an anointing on my life that is mine and no one else’s. There is an appointing on my life that is mine and no one else’s. By God’s grace, and for His glory, I will see it come to pass”
Facing the insecurities of my teenage years, this became the tool I used to silence the voices of accusation and self-hatred that were in my head. 
I would look in the mirror and declare these truths over my life.
As I have continued in my walk with God, there are other truths that have been added to my arsenal to defend myself against accusation.
When I started to come to the revelation of God’s great love for me, I would declare “I am loved by God” even in my weakest moments.
When I struggle with condemnation I would sing “You say spotless, you say clean, you say blameless and God I agree.”
There is something powerful that happens when we declare scripture over our lives.
It helps us remember the truth about who God is. There are many accusations about God on the earth.
When we declare the truth of what God has done for us this extinguishes any lie that God is not good.
Declaring His love over us dispels the lie that God doesn’t care or isn’t interested in us.
It delivers us from letting other’s opinions define us. When we rest in the truth of what God says it helps us to not be concerned with other’s perception of us.
It helps us to love others. When we live knowing who we are in God we can “love our neighbor as ourselves.”
As we see ourselves as God sees us we also start to see others as God sees them.
It stops us from letting outward circumstance dictate who we are or who God is. When we feel like we have failed in an area we know that we are not a failure but that we are people who love God who have failings.
We define ourselves not by success or failure but by God’s word.
How we feel about ourselves impacts how we live so when we feel like we are clean, righteous and loved we will act clean, righteous and loved. One of the best ways to walk in holiness is to declare the truth of the power of the blood of Jesus to make us holy.
I pray that you take hold of this powerful truth of the transforming nature of scripture, and grow up into your identity in Christ, knowing with confidence that you are loved by Him.

William Williams arrived in Tauranga in 1840, and his first open air service was attended by over 1000 people. He records at the time that there were 20 Maori missionaries in the region, and over 8000 attending Sunday service regularly. Alfred Nesbit Brown records in his mission journal that during 1840-1842, he baptised 680 adults and 504 children. In proportion to the population at the time, this was significant.
Over subsequent decades, other historical revivals have taken place in this city and region, and many have been impacted through the power of the gospel and the presence of God. Some of these moves have been marked by large numbers of salvations, signs and wonders, healing and deliverance, charismatic renewal, and by the churches multiplying across the region.
Tauranga means ‘a place of refuge’ or ‘a safe anchorage’. For many, this name is a powerful declaration over this region. There are many prophetic promises that have been declared for decades over this place which speak of great abundance, a place of birthing new things, a light to the nations, and a place that is marked by reconciliation and uncommon unity.
Many have come here, feeling led to move to the city, and are expectant for a move of God that will awaken this city to its redemptive purpose.
Although the early Christian mission in this region has been complex and not without human error, in recent years the desire has arisen from many to seek forgiveness and reconciliation from the past, and thus move forward in unity of the Spirit to see a city revived, and transformed by the power of the gospel.

Image result for images I am a new creation, the old has gone the new has come
Image result for images I am a new creation, the old has gone the new has comeImage result for images I am a new creation, the old has gone the new has comeImage result for images I am a new creation, the old has gone the new has come
Image result for images I am a new creation, the old has gone the new has comeImage result for images I am a new creation, the old has gone the new has comeImage result for images I am a new creation, the old has gone the new has come
Image result for images I am a new creation, the old has gone the new has come

No comments:

Post a Comment