Sunday, July 22, 2018

MY SWEET LADY - John Denver - Lady, are you crying, do the tears belong to me Did you think our time together was all gone Lady, you've been dreaming, I'm as close as I can be And I swear to you our time has just begun Close your eyes and rest your weary mind I promise I will stay right here beside you Today our lives were joined, became entwined I wish that you could know how much I love you

Image result for images woman dying silhouette
.................................................
Image result for images young lady crying silhouetteMy Sweet Lady
John Denver
Albums    :  Poems, Prayers & Promises

                  John Denver: Live In the USSR 

lyrics
Lady, are you crying, do the tears belong to me
Did you think our time together was all gone
Lady, you've been dreaming, I'm as close as I can be
And I swear to you our time has just begun

Close your eyes and rest your weary mind
I promise I will stay right here beside you
Today our lives were joined, became entwined
I wish that you could know how much I love you

Lady, are you happy, do you feel the way I do
Are there meanings that you've never seen before
Lady, my sweet lady, I just can't believe it's true
And it's like I've never, ever loved before

Lady, are you crying, do the tears belong to me
Did you think our time together was all gone
Lady, my sweet lady, I'm as close as I can be
And I swear to you our time has just begun
  

Image result for my sweet lady john denver lyricsThe song "My Sweet Lady" from the film reached #17 on the Billboard Hot 100 Pop Chart in 1974. A sequel, Sunshine Christmas, was produced in 1977. Clifford Tobin DeYoung (born February 12, 1946) is an American actor and musician. DeYoung was born in Los Angeles, California. He attended California State University. Prior to his acting career, he was the lead singer of the 1960s rock group Clear Light, which played with The Doors, Jimi Hendrix, and Janis Joplin. After the band broke up, he starred in the Broadway production of Hair and the Tony Award-winning Sticks and Bones. After four years in New York, he moved back to California to star in the TV movie Sunshine, about a young mother dying of cancer, and featuring the songs of John Denver. There was also a short-lived television series based on the film.

Henry John Deutschendorf Jr. (December 31, 1943 – October 12, 1997), known professionally as John Denver, was an American musician, singer-songwriter, record producer, activist, actor, and humanitarian, whose greatest commercial success was as a solo singer, starting in the 1970s. He was one of the most popular acoustic artists of the decade and one of its best selling artists. By 1974, he was firmly established as America's best selling performer, and AllMusic has described Denver as "among the most beloved entertainers of his era". After traveling and living in numerous locations while growing up in his military family, Denver began his music career in folk music groups in the late 1960s. Denver recorded and released approximately 300 songs, about 200 of which he composed, with total record sales of over 33 million. He recorded and performed primarily with an acoustic guitar and sang about his joy in nature, his disdain for city life, his enthusiasm for music, and his relationship trials. Denver's music appeared on a variety of charts, including country music, the Billboard Hot 100, and adult contemporary, in all earning him twelve gold and four platinum albums with his signature songs "Take Me Home, Country Roads", "Annie's Song", "Rocky Mountain High", "Thank God I'm a Country Boy", and "Sunshine on My Shoulders". Denver starred in films and several notable television specials in the 1970s and 1980s. He continued to record in the 1990s, also focusing on environmental issues by lending vocal support to space exploration and testifying in front of Congress in protest against censorship in music. He lived in Aspen, Colorado for much of his life and was known for his love of Colorado which he sang about numerous times. In 1974 Denver was named poet laureate of the state. The Colorado state legislature also adopted "Rocky Mountain High" as one of its two state songs in 2007. Denver was an avid pilot and died at the age of 53 in a single-fatality crash of his personal experimental aircraft.
Image result for my sweet lady john denver lyrics
Image result for my sweet lady john denver lyricsImage result for my sweet lady john denver lyrics
Image result for my sweet lady john denver lyricsImage result for my sweet lady john denver lyricsImage result for my sweet lady john denver lyrics
Image result for my sweet lady john denver lyrics
Image result for my sweet lady john denver lyricsImage result for my sweet lady john denver lyrics
Image result for my sweet lady john denver lyricsImage result for my sweet lady john denver lyrics

No comments:

Post a Comment