Sunday, October 7, 2018

I HAVE DREAMED - Richard Rodgers & Oscar Hammerstein II - Frank Sinatra - I have dreamed that your arms are lovely I have dreamed what a joy you'll be I have dreamed every word you whisper When your close Close to me How you look in the glow of evening I have dreamed and enjoyed the view In these dreams I've loved you so That by now I think I know What it's like to be loved by you I will love being loved by you

Image result for images I have dreamed that your arms are lovely
....................................................................................  
Image result for I Have DreamedI Have Dreamed
Richard Rodgers
Album   : The King and I (Original Motion Picture Soundtrack)
Written By Richard Rodgers & Oscar Hammerstein II
Frank Sinatra


 
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GTRxXYuuou8FrankSinatraUnited StatesMarineBand
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5jNSXIKk0wsulieAndrewsTheSorrowfulFlower

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4jfqxP00C0U   fromTheKing&IEnglishlit

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HMC2Zarjyug   fromTheKing&IKlezmerCompanyJazzOrchestra

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=krZClilUGGs   TheBostonPopsOrchestraZusylp18

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JAOkLF1q8RE   PeaboBryson&LeaSalongaTheSorrowfulFlower

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hfwWF_YUk20   FrankSinatraWoodyChock

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0swyB6Y5YO8   JoshuaCarswellandJamesDaSilvaJoshua Carswell 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1Xwi5YSQKNs   easylisteninginstrumental65Seasons

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N8dsBmWEq8g   THEKING&I.moviersaladbar06
lyrics
[TUPTIM]
Alone and awake I've looked at the stars
The same that smile on you
And time and again
I've thought all the things
That you were thinking too


[LUN THA]
I have dreamed that your arms are lovely
I have dreamed what a joy you'll be
I have dreamed every word you whisper
When your close
Close to me
How you look in the glow of evening
I have dreamed and enjoyed the view

In these dreams I've loved you so
That by now I think I know
What it's like to be loved by you

[BOTH]
I will love being loved by you
"I Have Dreamed" is a show tune from the 1951 Rodgers and HammersteinmusicalThe King and I. In the original Broadway production it was sung by Doretta Morrow and Larry Douglas. It has since become a standard, with many artists recording the song. The tune has been accused of similarities to Alfred Newman's track, "The Hill of the Brilliant Green Jade", from the 1944 film The Keys of the Kingdom starring Gregory Peck,[1] though only seven notes are the same.
In the show, the characters of Lun Tha and Tuptim sing of how they have dreamt of their true love blossoming, as they prepare to escape from the King's palace. This is in contrast to the subdued mood of the song "We Kiss in a Shadow", when they fear that the King would know about their love.
"I Have Dreamed" was added to the score of The King and Iduring its out-of-town tryout run. The song was recorded for the soundtrack of the 1956 film version of The King and I but ultimately no footage was shot to feature "I Have Dreamed," with the song being featured in the film only in the incidental music prior to the "We Kiss in a Shadow" sequence. However "I Have Dreamed" is featured on the movie soundtrack album.
From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

"I Have Dreamed" from the 1951 Rodgers and Hammerstein musical, The King and I, was recorded by Frank Sinatra with a large orchestra on February 19, 1963 as part of his theme album,The Concert Sinatra, featuring songs from Broadway shows. The album was arranged and conducted by Nelson Riddle and was recorded at the Goldwyn Studios Scoring Stage (Stage 7) in Hollywood. Originally released as an LP in 1963 on Reprise Records, it was released on CD in 2012 on the Concord label. I do not own the right to the song, audio, or images contained in this video. The sound recording is administered by UMG. No copyright infringement is intended. The purpose of this upload is for viewer enjoyment and education not for monetary gain.

I Have Dreamed
Sinatra Song of the Century #49
by Richard Rodgers and Oscar Hammerstein II
The early Fifties were a rough time for Sinatra, and for his voice. The man himself was losing popularity on the pop charts, on the big screen, in the newspaper gossip columns, and with the executives of his record company. But, more disturbingly, the voice was worn and tired. He no longer had the beautiful pure tone that gave his early solo records a uniquely tender, intimate feeling. And it wasn't yet clear what else he could do. When he tried swingin' or anything up-tempo, it came over as aggressive and angry. Sometimes that worked, as in singles like "Bim-Bam Baby", which to a certain degree prefigure rock'n'roll, attitudinally speaking. But more often they had a hard edge that wore you down after a couple of listens. Sinatra was no longer the bow-tied bobbysoxer pin-up but it wasn't clear what, if anything, he was going to be instead.
He still had great taste in songs, though - notwithstanding his sour and hostile relations with Columbia Records. So on February 2nd 1951 he went into the studio to record two songs from The King And I. He hadn't seen the show, because nobody had. The out-of-town tryout in New Haven was still three-and-a-half weeks away, to be followed by a Boston run for most of March, and finally the Broadway premiere at the St James on March 29th. So some two months ahead of Gertrude Lawrence and Yul Brynner's opening night, Sinatra was taking a crack at three brand new showtunes with no very clear idea of what their dramatic context was. Usually when Frank took a liking to a Broadway score, it was because of a character that appealed to the actor in him - Billy Bigelow in Carousel, Sky Masterson in Guys And Dolls. But in The King And I there's nothing really for him to play: Even with a shaved head he would be an unpersuasive King of Siam, and even in a hooped skirt he would be an unconvincing English governess. Nevertheless, Rodgers & Hammerstein's publisher thought it worth dropping half the numbers in his lap and getting a couple of Sinatra records on the songs well in advance of opening night.
 Image result for images I have dreamed every word you whisper When your close Close to me
Image result for I Have DreamedImage result for I Have DreamedImage result for I Have Dreamed
Image result for I Have DreamedImage result for I Have DreamedImage result for I Have Dreamed
Image result for I Have DreamedImage result for I Have DreamedImage result for I Have Dreamed
Image result for images I have dreamed that your arms are lovelyImage result for I Have DreamedImage result for I Have Dreamed
Image result for I Have DreamedImage result for I Have DreamedImage result for I Have Dreamed
Image result for I Have DreamedImage result for images I have dreamed every word you whisper When your close Close to meImage result for images I have dreamed that your arms are lovely
Image result for images I have dreamed every word you whisper When your close Close to meImage result for images I have dreamed that your arms are lovely

No comments:

Post a Comment