Monday, June 18, 2018

SPIRITUAL WARFARE - Bible Facts About Spiritual Warfare - You can fight Satan and his minions with the Word of God and resist him by having the armor of God. Victory has already been declared in heaven.


.

Spiritual 
Warfare

4 Bible Facts About Spiritual 
Warfare 
Jack Wellman


Here are 4 biblical facts about spiritual warfare. 

The Invisible War
Do you remember reading where Daniel prayed to God and it took 3 weeks before he got his answer from God through the angel?

The angel told Daniel “The prince of the kingdom of Persia withstood me twenty-one days, but Michael, one of the chief princes, came to help me, for I was left there with the kings of Persia” (Daniel 10:13).  

This invisible war that is going on is why Paul told the church to “Put on the whole armor of God, that you may be able to stand against the schemes of the devil. For we do not wrestle against flesh and blood, but against the rulers, against the authorities, against the cosmic powers over this present darkness, against the spiritual forces of evil in the heavenly places” (Ephesians 6:11-12). 

Just because you cannot see does not mean it is not real!

Knowing Whose Side You’re On
I know this sounds strange but I tell believers that it is actually a good sign that they are under spiritual attack.

This shows that they are on the right side … the winning side. 

This also indicates that they must be doing what God wants them to do.

If they are experiencing spiritual attacks then they are likely angering the Devil and his minions.  

Never having a spiritual attack may mean they are not sharing the gospel to the lost. And they are not growing in the grace and the knowledge of the Lord Jesus Christ.

The Enemy Sometimes Uses Human Agents
Sadly, the Devil has his own gospel, although a false one. He also uses other people to fight his battles for him. 

I am not talking about demon possession, which of course does happen but I am talking here about demonic influence.

The Devil will frequently use humans to do his dirty work.

I have had some pretty bizarre experiences when street evangelizing. From what I encountered, there could have been no other explanation.

Fighting the Battle but the War is Won
Jesus actually used the Word of God effectively in resisting Satan in the wilderness (Matthew 4:11).  
.
When we memorize Scripture we can effectively deal with the frontal attacks of the enemy.

The war has already been won by Jesus Christ at Calvary when He Himself took on the powers of darkness and its ruler and defeated them. 

It was “through death He might render powerless him who had the power of death, that is, the devil, and might free those who through fear of death were subject to slavery all their lives” (Hebrews 2:14b-15).

Conclusion
Even though there is still spiritual warfare going on today and skirmishes are still occurring, victory has already been declared in heaven. 

Just like in the Civil War, after the North had won, some pockets of Southern resistance still existed, even though the victory and even the end of the war had been announced. 

You can fight Satan and his minions with the Word of God and resist him by having the armor of God which needs to be put on daily (Ephesians 6:11-18).

The most important elements are using “the sword of the Spirit, which is the word of God [and] praying at all times in the Spirit” (Ephesians 6:17b-18a).

In this spiritual war, there are no fence-sitters – you are either with the Lords’ victorious army or with the wicked “Powers” of Satan.

Be sure you are listed with the victorious army of the Lord.  Settle that sin issue right now by saying this prayer:
“Father God, I confess I am a sinner and my sins have separated me from You. I receive Your free gift of salvation.
I am truly sorry. I now want to turn away from my past sinful life and live a new life pleasing to You.
Please forgive me, and help me avoid sinning again.
I believe that Your Son, Jesus Christ died for my sins, was resurrected from the dead, is alive, and hears my prayer.
I invite Jesus to become the Lord of my life, to rule and reign in my heart from this day forward.
Please send Your Holy Spirit to help me obey You, and to do Your will for the rest of my life. Thank you, Lord, that according to Your Word, I am born again, has eternal life, and I am now Your child.
I promise to obey You and study your Word – the Bible.
Use me for Your glory.
In Jesus' Name I pray. Amen.”
.
If you have just put your trust in Jesus Christ, you have been born into God’s family.

As a spiritual baby, you need to grow by feeding on God’s Word – the Bible (1 Peter 2:2).

You must have a good modern translation Bible and begin prayerfully reading it. Start in the New Testament, such as the Gospel of John or Paul’s letters to the Ephesians.

As you read, ask two questions: “What are You, Lord?” “What do You want me to do?”

Also, you need to join a Christian fellowship where the Bible is taught and where God is truly worshiped.

God bless you as you begin your new life with Him!

No comments:

Post a Comment