Saturday, March 21, 2020

IT IS WELL WITH MY SOUL - Don't miss the story behind this famous hymn. It is tragic, beautiful, and inspiring - "our comfort abounds through Christ" - 1870 - His 4-year-old son dies of Scarlet Fever. 1871- He loses most of his fortune in the Great Chicago Fire. 1873- his four daughters, traveling ahead of him to England, are drowned. After these events, Horatio Spafford sails to join his wife, the only survivor in his family, and when he reaches the spot in the ocean where his daughters drowned, he writes the hymn "It Is Well With My Soul." When peace, like a river, attendeth my way, When sorrows like sea billows roll; Whatever my lot, Thou hast taught me to say, It is well, it is well with my soul. Though Satan should buffet, though trials should come, Let this blest assurance control, That Christ hath regarded my helpless estate, And hath shed His own blood for my soul. Spafford's tragic life and persevering faith produced this hymn that has comforted Christians for more than 150 years. Truly "our comfort abounds through Christ".

Don't miss the story behind this famous hymn. It is tragic, beautiful, and inspiring. #Hymn #BibleLoveNotes #Biblestudy
................................................................................................................................................................
Image result for images It Is Well With My Soul (Ville du Havre)
It Is Well
With My Soul
Image result for images It Is Well With My Soul (Ville du Havre)Don't miss the story behind this famous hymn - it is tragic, beautiful, and inspiring
Gail Burton Purath



"our comfort abounds through Christ" (2 Corinthians 1:3-5).


Image result for images It Is Well With My Soul (Ville du Havre)1870 - His 4-year-old son dies of Scarlet Fever.
1871- He loses most of his fortune in the Great Chicago Fire.
1873- his four daughters, traveling ahead of him to England, are drowned.
After these events, Horatio Spafford sails to join his wife, the only survivor in his family, and when he reaches the spot in the ocean where his daughters drowned, he writes the hymn "It Is Well With My Soul."
Don't miss the story behind this famous hymn. It is tragic, beautiful, and inspiring. #Hymn #BibleLoveNotes #BiblestudyWhen peace, like a river, attendeth my way,
When sorrows like sea billows roll;
Whatever my lot, Thou hast taught me to say,
It is well, it is well with my soul.

Though Satan should buffet, though trials should come,Let this blest assurance control,That Christ hath regarded my helpless estate, And hath shed His own blood for my soul.
Spafford's tragic life and persevering faith produced this hymn that has comforted Christians for more than 150 years. 
Truly "our comfort abounds through Christ" (2 Corinthians 1:3-5).

Find the complete song lyrics HERE
You can listen to the song HERE
More details: Elisabeth Elliot Meets the Hymn writer's Surviving Daughter

Hi!  I'm Gail Burton Purath. I started Bible Love Notes to give people a minute of Scriptural encouragement in their busy day.
I don't have all the answers, but
since I asked Christ to be my Lord and Savior in 1974, I've been learning from the One Who has all the answers!
I'm still a sinner, a learner, a student who falls down and disappoints God at times. But it's my desire to grow closer to the Lord, day by day, minute by minute.
I need to be challenged, encouraged, corrected and comforted, and I think you do as well...so let's learn together about the love of God--a love that is so vast that we will always be discovering new and wonderful things about it.
Image result for images It Is Well With My Soul (Ville du Havre)
Image result for images It Is Well With My Soul (Ville du Havre)Image result for images It Is Well With My Soul (Ville du Havre)Image result for images It Is Well With My Soul (Ville du Havre)

No comments:

Post a Comment