Wednesday, February 13, 2019

MY FUNNY VALENTINE - Michael Bublé - Frank Sinatra - Richard Rodgers & Lorenz Hart - My funny valentine Sweet comic valentine You make me smile with my heart Your looks are laughable Unphotographable Yet you're my favourite work of art Is your figure less than greek Is your mouth a little weak When you open it to speak Are you smart? But don't change a hair for me Not if you care for me Stay little valentine stay Each day is valentines day Is your figure less than Greek Is your mouth a little weak When you open it to speak Are you smart? But don't you change one hair for me Not if you care for me Stay little valentine stay Stay little valentine stay Each day is valentines day Each day is valentines day Is your figure less than Greek Is your mouth a little weak When you open it to speak Are you smart? But don't you change one hair for me Not if you care for me Stay little valentine stay Each day is valentines day

Image result for my funny valentine
...............................................................................................................................................................
Image result for my funny valentineMy Funny Valentine
Michael Bublé
Album   :  Songs for Young Lovers
Written By  :  Richard Rodgers & Lorenz Hart

 
 
 
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=08_2-xUOtSIKimNovakMyFunnyValentineSelectionSelectie
 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c8ZmrCdSSYs   RACHELLEFERRELLBlairDottin-Haley

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7M3DDLZHpew   RachelleFerrellChijiokeKiruiko






https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dntaJEqH9IM   SarahVaughanSassyDivine






https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8SGAcP7Zh6U   CHETBAKERgilbertocanova


https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TqPadmQf3lM   AliceFredenhamRICHBOOTH'SREALCOUNTRY

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IATTu8bQfXU   Holland Mariah Grossman & The Will Bridges Quartet







lyrics
My funny valentine
Sweet comic valentine
You make me smile with my heart

Your looks are laughable
Unphotographable
Yet you're my favourite work of art


Is your figure less than greek
Is your mouth a little weak
When you open it to speak
Are you smart?


But don't change a hair for me
Not if you care for me
Stay little valentine stay
Each day is valentines day


Is your figure less than greek
Is your mouth a little weak
When you open it to speak
Are you smart?


But don't you change one hair for me
Not if you care for me
Stay little valentine stay
Each day is valentines day
Image result for my funny valentine
"My Funny Valentine" is a show tune from the 1937 Richard Rodgers and Lorenz Hart musical Babes in Arms in which it was introduced by former child star Mitzi Green. The song became a popular jazz standard, appearing on over 1300 albums performed by over 600 artists. In 2015, it was announced that the Gerry Mulligan quartet featuring Chet Baker's version of the song was inducted into the Library of Congress's National Recording Registry for the song's "cultural, artistic and/or historical significance to American society and the nation’s audio legacy". Mulligan also recorded the song with his Concert Jazz Band in 1960.
Babes in Arms opened at the Shubert Theatre on Broadway, in New York City on April 14, 1937 and ran for 289 performances. In the original play, a character named Billie Smith (played by Mitzi Green) sings the song to Valentine "Val" LaMar (played by Ray Heatherton). In the song, Billie pokes fun at some of Valentine's characteristics, but ultimately affirms that he makes her smile and that she doesn't want him to change (the song is often sung by a man to a woman, though to say that a woman's looks are "laughable" is anomalous).
The song first hit the charts in 1945, performed by Hal McIntyre with vocals by Ruth Gaylor. It only appeared for one week and hit #16.[
Bing Crosby recorded the song in 1956[ for use on his radio show and it was subsequently included in the box set The Bing Crosby CBS Radio Recordings (1954-56) issued by Mosaic Records (catalog MD7-245) in 2009.
Elvis Costello recorded a cover version in 1978. It came out in 1979 as the B-side of the single Oliver's Army and was later included in multiple compilation albums.
Michael Buble recorded the song for his 2018 album Love.
Image result for my funny valentine






Image result for my funny valentineImage result for my funny valentineImage result for my funny valentine


Image result for my funny valentineImage result for my funny valentineImage result for my funny valentine

Image result for my funny valentineImage result for my funny valentine




No comments:

Post a Comment