Thursday, December 6, 2018

SERENITY PRAYER - God grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change; courage to change the things I can; and wisdom to know the difference. Living one day at a time; enjoying one moment at a time; accepting hardships as the pathway to peace; taking, as He did, this sinful world as it is, not as I would have it; trusting that He will make all things right if I surrender to His Will; that I may be reasonably happy in this life and supremely happy with Him forever in the next. Amen.

Image result for images Serenity Prayer
............................................
Image result for images Serenity PrayerSerenity PrayerImage result for images Serenity Prayer

God grant me the serenity
to accept the things I cannot change; 
courage to change the things I can; 
and wisdom to know the difference.

Living one day at a time; 
enjoying one moment at a time; 
accepting hardships as the pathway to peace; 
taking, as He did, this sinful world
as it is, not as I would have it; 
trusting that He will make all things right
if I surrender to His Will; 
that I may be reasonably happy in this life
and supremely happy with Him
forever in the next. 

Amen.


Image result for images Serenity Prayer
.......................................
The Serenity Prayer is the common name for a prayer written by the American theologian Reinhold Niebuhr (1892–1971). The best-known form is:
God, grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change,
Courage to change the things I can,
And wisdom to know the difference.
Niebuhr, who first wrote the prayer for a sermon at Heath Evangelical Union Church in HeathMassachusetts, used it widely in sermons as early as 1934 and first published it in 1951 in a magazine column. The prayer spread through Niebuhr's sermons and church groups in the 1930s and 1940s and was adopted and popularized by Alcoholics Anonymous and other twelve-step programs.
Image result for images Serenity Prayer
Image result for images Serenity PrayerImage result for images Serenity PrayerImage result for images Serenity PrayerImage result for images Serenity Prayer
Image result for images Serenity PrayerImage result for images Serenity PrayerImage result for images Serenity Prayer
Image result for images Serenity PrayerImage result for images Serenity PrayerImage result for images Serenity Prayer
Image result for images Serenity PrayerImage result for images Serenity PrayerImage result for images Serenity Prayer
Image result for images Serenity Prayer

No comments:

Post a Comment