Sunday, December 16, 2018

MY LOVE AND DEVOTION - Matt Monro - My love and devotion will always be true Now and forever, I'll live for you My love and devotion are yours, yours alone Kiss me beloved, say you're my own I kiss your lips so sweet and tender They open heaven's door Won't you surrender, forevermore My love will grow deeper as time passes by Deep as the ocean and as high as the sky My love, my devotion are yours till I die

Image result for images couple in love silhouette
....................................................................................
Image result for images Warm my lips against your lipsMy Love and Devotion
Matt Monro
Album  :  Very Best Of
Songwriters   :   Howard Barnes, Harold Fields and Joe Roncoroni [1][2] under the collective pseudonym Milton Carson
lyrics
Image result for images lovers kiss sunset silhouetteMy love and devotion will always be true
Now and forever, I'll live for you
My love and devotion are yours, yours alone
Kiss me beloved, say you're my own

I kiss your lips so sweet and tender

They open heaven's door
Won't you surrender, forevermore

My love will grow deeper as time passes by
Deep as the ocean and as high as the sky
My love, my devotion are yours till I die

Deep as the ocean and as high as the sky
My love my devotion are yours till I die
Image result for images my love and devotion matt monro
Matt Monro was one of Britain’s most iconic singers. He recorded the very first James Bond Theme song –‘From Russia With Love’ – represented Britain in the Eurovision Song contest in 1964 with ‘I Love the Little Things’ (in Copenhagen) – finishing second - and had many international hits which included ‘Born Free’, ‘Walk Away’, and ‘Portrait of My Love’. Matt died on 7 February 1985 aged 54 and only 5 days after receiving a telegram from Frank Sinatra which said: “Sorry to hear that you've taken ill and hope you'll soon be on the mend and up and about. I send you love and prayers. Your fellow boy singer, Frank Sinatra" Frank Sinatra said of Matt: "His pitch was right on the nose: his word enunciation letter perfect: his understanding of a song thorough. “He will be missed very much, not only by myself, but by his fans all over the world." Read Matt Monro’s Biography: The Singer’s Singer The Life and Music of Matt Monro This is a wonderful Biography written by his daughter Michele Monro and a highly recommended read for all Matt Monro fans. ‘There’s never going to be a better Monro Biography’ – MOJO

Matt Monro (1 December 1930 – 7 February 1985) was an English singer who became one of the most popular entertainers on the international music scene during the 1960s. Throughout his 30-year career, he filled cabarets, nightclubs, music halls, and stadiums in Australia, Japan, the Philippines, and Hong Kong to Africa, the Middle East, Europe, and the Americas.

"My Love and Devotion" is a song written by Howard Barnes, Harold Fields and Joe Roncoroni under the collective pseudonym Milton Carson, that was recorded by Doris Day in 1952. It charted at a peak position of number 10 on the UK Singles Chart. Other recordings of the song include versions by Perry Como, recorded in 1952, and Matt Monro.
Matt Monro's version reached No. 29 in the UK Singles Chart in November 1962. The song won Most Outstanding Song, Musically and Lyrically at the 8th Ivor Novello Awards held on 4 May 1963 and broadcast live on BBC television.
The tune is based on the theme of the second movement of the Violin Concerto No. 2 by the Polish violin virtuoso and composer Henryk Wieniawski, which dates from 1862.
Other songs written by the team of Howard Barnes, Harold Fields and Joe Roncoroni include
·   A Blossom Fell (1954) (credited to Barnes-John-Cornelius) (1955 US No 2 pop hit for Nat King Cole, 1955 UK top ten hits for Dickie ValentineNat King Cole and Ronnie HiltonDiana Krall recorded 'A Blossom Fell' on her 1996 album 'All For You (a dedication to The Nat King Cole Trio').
·   Tulips and Heather (1951) (credited to Milton Carson) (recorded by Fred Waring and his Pennsylvanians in 1951 & Perry Como in 1952)
With Don Robertson, Howard Barnes wrote I Really Don't Want To Know, published in 1951, and recorded by many artists including Elvis PresleyLes Paul and Mary FordTommy EdwardsSolomon Burke and Eddy Arnold, whose version was a 1953 No 1 on Billboard Hot Country singles chart. Skeeter Davisrecorded 'I Really Want You To Know', an answer song to Eddy Arnold's version, written with her by Don Robertson and Howard Barnes for the 1961 album 'Here's The Answer', which also included Davis' version of I Really Don't Want To Know.
From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Image result for images couple hold hands silhouette
Image result for images my lips against your lips silhouetteImage result for images couple in love silhouetteImage result for images couple in love silhouette
Image result for images my love and devotion matt monroImage result for images my love and devotion matt monroImage result for images couple in love silhouette
Image result for images couple in love silhouetteImage result for images my lips against your lips silhouetteImage result for images couple in love silhouette
Image result for images my love and devotion matt monroImage result for images my lips against your lips silhouetteImage result for images my love and devotion matt monro

No comments:

Post a Comment