Monday, January 7, 2019

IF YOU LOVE ME (Really Love Me) – Edith Piaf - Mary Hopkin – Brenda Lee - If the sun should tumble from the sky If the sea should suddenly run dry If you love me, really love me Let it happen, I won't care If it seems that everything is lost I should smile and never count the cost If you love me, really love me Let it happen, darling, I won't care Shall I catch a shooting star? Shall I bring it where you are? If you want me to, I will You can set me any task I'll do anything you ask If you'll only love me still When at last our life on earth is through I shall share eternity with you If you love me, really love me Then whatever happens, I won't care Then whatever happens, I won't care

Image result for images lovers enter heaven
........................................................
Image result for images married in heavenIf You Love Me (Really Love Me)
(Hymne A L'Amour)  
Edith Piaf
Mary Hopkin
Brenda Lee
The lyrics were written by Piaf and the music by Marguerite Monnot

 
 
 
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hst2I6qFy50EngelbertHumperdinckMsCatreona
lyrics
If the sun should tumble from the sky
If the sea should suddenly run dry
If you love me, really love me
Let it happen, I won't care
If it seems that everything is lost
I should smile and never count the cost
If you love me, really love me
Let it happen, darling, I won't care

Shall I catch a shooting star?
Shall I bring it where you are?
If you want me to, I will
You can set me any task
I'll do anything you ask
If you'll only love me still

When at last our life on earth is through
I shall share eternity with you
If you love me, really love me
Then whatever happens, I won't care

Then whatever happens, I won't care
Image result for images married in heaven

"Hymne à l'amour" (French pronunciation: [imn a lamuʁ]; French for "Hymn to Love") is a popular French song originally performed by Édith Piaf.
The lyrics were written by Piaf and the music by Marguerite Monnot. Piaf first sang this song at the Cabaret Versailles in New York City on September 14, 1949. It was written to her lover and the love of her life, the French boxer, Marcel Cerdan. On October 28, 1949, Cerdan was killed in a plane crash on his way from Paris to New York to come to see her. She recorded the song on May 2, 1950.
"Hymne à l'amour" was adapted into Japanese in 1951 as "Love Hymn" (愛の讃歌 Ai no Sanka), by singer Fubuki Koshiji, featuring lyrics by Tokiko Iwatani. The song became one of her signature songs, amassing around 2,000,000 copies sold of various singles featuring this song.
"Hymne à l'amour" was translated into English by Piaf's protégé Eddie Constantine as "Hymn to Love", which was recorded by Piaf on her album La Vie En Rose / Édith Piaf Sings In English(1956). This version was featured on Cyndi Lauper's 2003 album At Last
It was also adapted into English as "If You Love Me (Really Love Me)" with lyrics by Geoffrey Parsons. Piaf then sang this version in Carnegie Hall at both of her performances in 1956 and 1957. Subsequent covers by Vera Lynn in 1953, Kay Starr in 1954, Shirley Bassey in 1959 and Brenda Lee in 1961 brought fame to this version. Mary Hopkin recorded a version in 1976. Raquel Bitton features "Hymn to Love" in her tribute to Piaf 2000. My Brightest Diamond performs it as a B-side on her From the Top of the World single.
From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Image result for images  I shall share eternity with you
Image result for images If You Love Me (Really Love Me)Image result for images  I shall share eternity with youImage result for images lovers enter heaven
Image result for images married in heavenImage result for images married in heavenImage result for images married in heaven
Image result for images If You Love Me (Really Love Me)Image result for images lovers enter heavenImage result for images married in heaven
Image result for images married in heavenImage result for images lovers enter heaven
Image result for images If You Love Me (Really Love Me)Image result for images If You Love Me (Really Love Me)

No comments:

Post a Comment