Friday, November 2, 2018

LOVE LETTERS - Ketty Lester - Love letters straight from your heart Keep us so near while apart I'm not alone in the night When I can have all the love you write I memorize every line And I kiss the name that you sign And, darling, then I read again right from the start Love letters straight from your heart I memorize every line And I kiss the name that you sign And, darlin', then I read again right from the start Love letters straight from your heart

Image result for love letters straight from your heart lyrics
......................................................................................................
Image result for love letters straight from your heart lyrics
Love Letters
Ketty Lester 
Album   :  Love letters
 
 
 
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fBnf4CrF1qwENGELBERTHUMPERDINCKMaggisdenEngelbertChannel

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HEPu3ZQAMP8ManhattanJazzOrchestraThurchSiren 
 
lyrics
Love letters straight from your heart
Keep us so near while apart
I'm not alone in the night
When I can have all the love you write


I memorize every line
And I kiss the name that you sign
And, darling, then I read again right from the start
Love letters straight from your heart


I memorize every line
And I kiss the name that you sign
And, darlin', then I read again right from the start
Love letters straight from your heart
Image result for love letters straight from your heart lyrics
"Love Letters" is a 1945 popular song with lyrics by Edward Heyman and music by Victor Young. The song appeared, without lyrics, in the movie of the same name, and was nominated for the Academy Award for Best Original Song in 1945 but lost out to “It Might as Well Be Spring”.
In 1961, Era Records released Ketty Lester's single "I'm a Fool to Want You" b/w "Love Letters". Radio listeners and disc jockeys preferred the B-side, and Lester's recording of "Love Letters", which featured Lincoln Mayorga's sparse piano arrangement and Earl Palmer on drums, rose to #5 on the Billboard Hot 100 early in 1962.
The record also reached #2 on the R&B chart and #4 in the UK Singles Chart, selling over 1 million copies, and was awarded a gold disc by the RIAA. In 1991, it was ranked 176th in the RIAA-compiled list of Songs of the Century.
From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Ketty Lester (born Revoyda Frierson; August 16, 1934) is an American singer and actress known for her 1962 hit single "Love Letters", which reached the top 5 of the charts in the U.S. and the U.K. She also is known for her role as Hester-Sue Terhune on the A
merican television series Little House on the Prairie.
From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Victor Young (August 8, 1900 – November 10, 1956)[1][2] was an American composer, arranger, violinist and conductor.
From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Edward Heyman (March 14, 1907 – October 16, 1981) was an American lyricist and producer, best known for his lyrics to "Body and Soul," "When I Fall in Love," and "For Sentimental Reasons." He also contributed to a number of songs for films.
From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
 Image result for love letters straight from your heart lyrics
 Image result for love letters straight from your heart lyricsImage result for love letters straight from your heart lyrics

No comments:

Post a Comment