Sunday, May 6, 2018

HEAVEN WITH OUR LOVED ONES - It is our most anticipated desire to be reunited with our loved ones in Christ who have departed before us. Only those who believe in Christ and His finished work on the Cross looks at the afterlife with hope - the rest of the unbelieving mankind are excluded in this promise. There would be exceeding joy as we recognize one another in our heavenly glorified bodies.


.
Loved 
Ones In Heaven
How shall we recognize our loved ones in heaven?
puricarefiles 




How sure are we that we will recognize our loved ones who have gone to heaven ahead of us?
What does the Bible say about this?
It is our most anticipated desire to be reunited with our loved ones in Christ who have departed before us.
The Bible has many texts to prove that those who died in Christ are in heaven, waiting for the resurrection of their physical bodies.
In the Old Testament, departed believers are often referred to as being “gathered to his people” (Genesis 25:8;35:2949:29Numbers 20:24Judges 2:10). 
Believers who leave this world will be recognizable and known in the next life.
King David offered words of comfort regarding the loss of his own infant son.
David said, “But now that he is dead, why should I go on fasting? Can I bring him back again? I will go to him, but he will not return to me” (2 Samuel 12:23). 
David expected to see his son in heaven and be able to recognize him.
Jesus gives an account of Lazarus and a rich man in Luke 16:19-31. Both men died.
Lazarus was by “Abraham’s side,” (verse 23).
And the rich man was, in Hades, where he was in torment.” 
We are told, “He looked up and saw Abraham far away, with Lazarus by his side” (verse 23).
The rich man could still recognize Lazarus. Abraham even recognized the rich man, though he was in torment.
Elijah and Moses were clearly recognized by Peter, James, and John at the Transfiguration (Mark 9:4-5).
These are proofs in the Bible that we will recognize the  departed saints dear to us in the next life.
There is a forthcoming event that we are looking forward to with expectancy, when the Lord will come to take us and the bodies of our departed ones – the Rapture (1 Thessalonians 4:13-18).
The apostle Paul addresses what will happen when Jesus returns for His followers.
Paul begins by declaring, “Brothers and sisters, we do not want you to be uninformed about those who sleep in death, so that you do not grieve like the rest of mankind, who have no hope” (verse 13). 
Only those who believe in Christ and His finished work on the Cross looks at the afterlife with hope - the rest of the unbelieving mankind are excluded in this promise.
Paul clearly says that believers will be reunited with those who have preceded them in death: “After that, we who are still alive and are left will be caught up together with them in the clouds to meet the Lord in the air. And so we will be with the Lord forever” (verse 17). 
Exceeding Joy Awaiting
There would be exceeding joy as we recognize one another in our heavenly glorified bodies.
Jesus also taught, “I say to you that many will come from the east and the west, and will take their places at the feast with Abraham, Isaac and Jacob in the kingdom of heaven” (Matthew 8:11). 
In the Millennial kingdom, the Old Testament saints will be known and recognizable.
We can expect that other believers will be known and recognized by us as well.
Jesus was recognized by more than 500 people following his Resurrection.
Although he had the ability to disguise himself, He was clearly recognized at other times (Luke 24:13-16). 
When Thomas the doubter saw Jesus, he immediately responded, “My Lord and my God!” (John 20:28).
Since believers will have glorified bodies like the one Jesus has, we have convincing proofs that we will recognize one another in heaven (Philippians 3:21).
Knowing what our eternal future is, how do we establish relations with the One who is the Way to heaven?
Ephesians 2:8 declares, "For it is by grace you have been saved, through faith - and this not from yourselves, it is the gift of God."
We can be saved by grace alone, through faith alone, in Jesus Christ alone. All our works, no matter how righteous, have nothing to do with salvation. 
We must believe that Jesus died in our place and rose from the dead (Romans 10:9-10). 
It is only faith in Jesus' death and resurrection that can save us.
If you acknowledge to God that you are a sinner and in need of salvation through Jesus Christ say this prayer.

“Father God, I confess I am a sinner and my sins have separated me from You.

I am truly sorry. I now want to turn away from my past sinful life and live a new life pleasing to You. I receive Your free gift of salvation.

Please forgive me, and help me avoid sinning again.

I believe that Your Son, Jesus Christ died for my sins, was resurrected from the dead, is alive, and hears my prayer.

I invite Jesus to become the Lord of my life, to rule and reign in my heart from this day forward. Thank You that according to your Word, I am now born again, has eternal life, and I am now Your child.

Please send Your Holy Spirit to help me obey You, and to do Your will for the rest of my life. I promise to study Your Word – the Bible.

Please use me for Your glory.

In Jesus' Name I pray. Amen.”

If you have just put your trust in Jesus Christ, you have been born into God’s family.
As a spiritual baby, you need to grow by feeding on God’s Word – the Bible (1 Peter 2:2).
You must have a good modern translation Bible and begin prayerfully reading it. Start in the New Testament, such as the Gospel of John or Paul’s letters to the Ephesians.
Also, you need to join a Christian fellowship where the Bible is taught and where God is truly worshiped.
God bless you as you begin your new life with Him!









No comments:

Post a Comment